Thursday, November 06, 2008

Friday Five

  1. So I spent four out of five weekends in October travelling. Last weekend I spent $75 on gas, and that was with buying gas for less than $2. I'm excited about staying home this weekend and not spending money. I plan on reading, watching Netflix movies and cooking.

  2. I am the official pie maker for my family. My great grandmother made a delicious chocolate meringue pie for every Thanksgiving and Christmas. After she died, my mom took over the pie-making duties, but she didn't have the patience - or the gene as my family calls it - for the job. So my aunt starting making pies. One Thanksgiving, they asked me to make the peaks on the meringue. Apparently I made such great peaks they determined I must have the gene. Tough criteria. I've decided that because I will be making pies for every holiday until I die, I want to introduce my own pie to to the family tradition. My experiment begins this weekend when I make a German chocolate pecan pie.

  3. Barack Obama is the next President of the United States! Regardless of whether or not you voted for him, the significance of his historic victory is something all Americans can take pride in.

  4. Did you watch 30 Rock last night? Funny and timely, as usual. Sleeping pills that cause "dizziness, sexual nightmares and sleep crime." Two characters, a white woman and a black man, debating who has a harder time in American. Liz Lemon's (Tina Fey) outpouring of personal details to Oprah after taking sleeping pills. Tracy complaining about all the things white people stole from black people, including Will Smith and heart disease. Liz Lemon dressing up as Princess Lei and saying she can hear people's thoughts to get out of jury duty. (I should try that!) Oprah turned out to be a "spunky little tween." Those sleeping pills again!

  5. The Cowboys don't play this weekend, which is probably good for my nerves. Texas Tech plays a big game against Oklahoma State on Saturday. I hope they can sustain their momentum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the pie turn out? Good idea on the pie contribution.