- Went to a Derek Webb concert in Deep Ellum on Sunday. Between him and Third Day last week, it felt like 1998. Oh, college memories.
- Anyone have any book recommendations? Leave them in the comments. I'm looking for my next favorite book.
- So I've never seen a Chorus Line, but I just watched the documentary Every Little Step about casting the revival. Anyone seen the doc? Now I just need to see the Broadway show.
- I had my performance evaluation today. Ouch. Got a "failing grade." Sucks to be in fundraising when the economy goes south. Because I didn't meet my money goal, I started at 65 points (out of 100.) Obviously, I wasn't perfect in every other category. At least it was a low year for everyone.
- Read a great advance review of Place of Execution, the two-part miniseries premiering this Sunday on PBS' Masterpiece Contemporary. It's a psychological thriller about a filmmaker and a 45-year-old murder investigation. And it's British! Can't wait to watch it.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
- Saw Oprah and Martina McBride at the State Fair of Texas!
- Went to a U2 concert at Cowboys Stadium! That place is huge!
- To ACU Homecoming I went! No pictures though. Left the picture taking to Rachel, and she had to cancel at the last minute. Had fun hanging out with Rachel and Ben, Wendy and Lisa, and Jeremy. Good production of Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- Saw Third Day in concert on Thursday (no pictures - I wrote this on Wednesday).
- Decided to run the Cowtown Half Marathon on Feb. 27 with Joe V. and Jaime A. We are all first timers and slow, and our only goal is to finish. So join us!
Friday, October 02, 2009
- Kristin Chenoweth was on GLEE this week, and she was amazing! I agree with Janie: If you own a TV, you should be watching GLEE. Although it's far from perfect, it's infectious. Even though this is the farthest thing from real life, I couldn't stop laughing when I watched this scene last week.
- DIY headboard isn't complete yet, so here is a photo of my kitchen, one of my favorite areas of the apartment. Second favorite is the closet, but photos don't illustrate its vastness. I've always lived in apartments with small kitchen with limited storage and counter space. Not in my apartment! It's OK to be jealous.
- I'm going to see the movie Precious tonight at a museum film festival. Ah, culture. Love it!
- I've started running again, and it's going well. I'm including walk breaks to protect my foot, and so far it seems to be working. The goal is to train for a half marathon. I'm hoping the walk breaks will prevent my tendinitis from returning.
- Gov. Perry's decision to replace three members of a commission investigating a possible wrongful execution stinks. It looks like a cover-up when the man that refused to stay his execution disrupts the investigation two days before a critical report is expected. Perry's decision could be justified, but I still think it stinks. No marketplace of ideas for Perry.