Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Friday Five

  1. I had a fantastic time at the Cowboys game! What started out as a potential blowout ended up being a competitive game. It's fun to be part of the crowd, especially when you feel like you have an impact on the game. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them from Eileen.

  2. I've decided to follow one of those Couch-to-5K training plans. If you've followed this blog for a while, you know I used to be a runner and then over training (stupid spinning class!) resulted in tendinitis in my left foot. I've had to take several breaks from exercising as a result. I miss running and want to do again, but I don't want to do too much too soon. I figure this slow-build plan should do the trick. Plus I'll keep up the anti-inflammation diet I mentioned in this post.

  3. How many of you have read the book "The Shack?" I'm just not that into it. I had to force myself to read it last night, never a good sign. It's such a cultural and religious phenomenon that I made myself read it. I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

  4. I don't like watching Presidential debates. I'm following the election enough that I don't learn anything from the debates. I didn't watch the one this week, but I read the transcript the next morning. The polls said Obama "won."

  5. I watched two high profile summer movies this week: Iron Man and Sex and the City. Both movies could have been shorter, but I enjoyed them. Jon Favreau seems to be a talented director. Elf and Iron Man couldn't be more different. I didn't like the choices the characters made in Sex and the City. Seemed written to advance the plot and create conflict instead of reflecting the characters well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's EXACTLY how I felt about Sex and the City. Other than the Carrie/Big situation, everything else felt hollow. I couldn't believe Miranda took Steve back. That was just stupid. And I can't believe Carrie took Big back, either. You walk out on a wedding, you do NOT get a second chance.

Sarah read the Shack and liked it. I don't know anything about it.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the 2nd half of the shack more than the first.

Also, I didn't get any of the emails abt homecoming. Probably bc i didn't respond early on...I'm such a slacker! Could u email me details or send me a fb message please?we are coming but not to breakfast.

Elisa said...

Good luck with your training. I like reading about people doing things that I can't (or won't)so I hope you'll keep us up to date.