- Overall, I was pleased with the Oscars. Loved Hugh Jackman as host, especially his opening song-and-dance number. Last time I blogged, I recommended you see Slumdog Millionare, so I'm glad it won Best Picture. I wish Kate Winslet had won for Revolutionary Road instead of the Reader, but she is incredible in everything she does, so I'm glad she finally won an Oscar.
- I've given up caffeine for Lent. I did this last year, and liked the results. This year, my goal is to stay off caffeine after Lent. I might have to make an exception when I am required to stay up all night two Fridays in a row for Relay For Life events. Justified exception. I've been drinking caffeine-free Dr. Diet Pepper and Fresca as I slowly eliminate all carbonated beverages from my diet.
- Quote of the Day: "Others take notice of your radiance; share your happiness."
- Terrell Owens is no longer a Dallas Cowboy. I'm a fan of this decision. He was the biggest voice in the locker room and more often than not, a divisive presence. I don't have statistics in front of me, but it seemed like Romo threw more interceptions in Owens' direction than any other receiver. This doesn't fix the problems the offense had last season, but at least the quarterback and offensive coordinator's number one priority doesn't have to be Owen's happiness.
- Here are a few things that have made me happy lately:
- on-demand channels
- buying a bridesmaid dress for $25
- getting back in touch with a friend
- Nadal beat Federer to win the Australian Open
- watching the Super Bowl with friends
- sleeping with the windows open
- Love Potion #31 ice cream at Baskin Robbins (Rachel, I think this is our favorite flavor from college!)
- Starbucks Sour Jellybeans (and seasonal candy in general)
- being silly with Rachel
- ringing in the new year with old friends
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday Five: Better Late Than Never
Wow! I'm horrible at blogging these days. I didn't realize how much blog writing I did at work until I got a new job with actual work to keep me busy. I don't know how many people still check my blog for updates, but I'm making a spring resolution to blog once a week. Starting today