Friday, March 13, 2009

My Next 30 Years

Today is the last day of my 20s. Tomorrow I turn the BIG 3-0. In honor of this milestone, I've made a list of things I want to accomplish or experience in my next 30 years.
  1. Visit every country in Europe
  2. Travel to six of seven continents (I don't really care about Antarctica)
  3. Run a marathon
  4. Learn conversational Spanish
  5. Go scuba diving
  6. Find the perfect job
  7. Keep up my Happy List
  8. Get married and have children
  9. Give more money to charity
  10. Turn passion into action
  11. Get out of debt and stay that way
  12. Attend all 4 Grand Slam tennis championships (one down, three to go)
  13. Attend a taping of the Daily Show
  14. Attend a taping of the Colbert Report
  15. Buy a car I love
  16. Get fit and stay that way
  17. See U2 in concert
  18. Meet Emmitt Smith
  19. Go to the Oscars or the Super Bowl
  20. Start a new tradition
  21. Bring someone to Christ
  22. Take hobby classes (photography, cooking, dancing, etc.)
  23. Find a new hobby
  24. Help someone on the side of the road like I've been helped
  25. Send a kid to summer camp
  26. Bake a pie for the family that will be passed down to future generations
  27. Read every Pulitzer Prize-winning fiction novel
  28. See an opera at the Met
  29. Never say no out of fear
  30. Always be myself
"I think I'll take a moment to celebrate my age, the ending of an era and the turning of a page. Now it's time to focus on where I'll go from here. Lord have mercy on my next 30 years." - Tim McGraw song

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Happy Birthday! You've got a lot to look forward to in the next 30!

Mandy said...

Hey Jamie! So excited to have found your blog. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I love your list--I echo pretty much every one of the things you want to do!

Wendy said...

Happy Belated! I've been on ski trip with our church all week. Welcome to the old lady club! Turns out, it's not so bad.