Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Five

  1. Quote of the Week: "Traveling changes you but slowly, minutely. It's not one big mind altering event but a polishing of the edges of your personality. So of course I'm different. I can already see many of the changes. But many of these were incremental changes I never even noticed - and still haven't." - Matt Kepnes

  2. Commentary of the Week: My friend Janie's take on the heroine of the movie Happy-Go-Lucky. In case you forgot (or don't know) Janie started the Happy List tradition that I still carry on. This movie has been on my to-watch list since I heard about it, and I'm glad I watched it before I read Janie's thoughts. I totally agree with her, too!

  3. Movie Trailer of the Week: So far John Krasinski hasn't had a great movie career, but this movie has potential. Plus it co-stars Maya Rudolph. And Maggie Gyllenhaal! And Allison Janney! And Catharine O'Hara! It's also written by Dave Eggers and his wife, so it should be funny.

  4. Life Event of the Week: I turned 30! I had a group of friends over for lunch on Saturday, and it was a blast. I enjoyed having people from different stages of my life present: family, high school friends, college friends, "real-world" friends, and a few tag-a-longs. And keeping with tradition, I had cookie cake. Not just one, but two! I will never outgrow cookie cake.

  5. Happy things of the week:
    • exercising for two weeks without foot issues (including some running!)
    • listening to Rick Steves' podcasts while exercising on the treadmill
    • patches of bluebonnets throughout the city, not just on the side of the highway
    • playing Taboo
    • Stephen Colbert told the the South Carolina governor he was extremely boring
    • "Beautiful World," duet by Dierks Bentley and Patty Griffin
    • taking a walk along the lake on a sunny afternoon

No comments: