Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Five

  1. I love watching movies or TV shows and reading books that make me think about subjects that don't come up in every day conversation. Can we ever overcome our true nature, if there is such a thing (A History of Violence)? What is the best argument for supporting gay marriage but not polygamy (Big Love)? How do we live in a world where the bad guys can't lose (Gomorrah)?

  2. As I mature and continue to solidify my views and opinions, I keep coming back to how the church heritage I grew up in seems so at odds with the person I am today. The limited role of women is one of the areas where we disagree. You can find a great conversation about this issue at Rude Truth, a blog I just discovered. It's nice to know you aren't alone in your frustrations.

  3. I'm traveling for the third weekend in a row, this time for work. Enough already! I just want to spend a lazy weekend at home doing all the things I haven't been able to do with all the traveling. And really, having to work on a hot weekend in July is cruel, don't you think?

  4. I finished "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" (still unsure about) and moved on to "Grace Eventually" (did not enjoy) and now I'm reading "Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire." My to-read list just grew exponentially with recommendations by Newsweek and Nick Hornby. I think I'll start where they overlap.

  5. Why is it so hard to find five things to write about every week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was your issue with Grace Eventually? I finished it a few weeks ago and liked most of it. She had some funny lines.

Mandy said...

I love rude truth! I just read through a lot of that blog and I am so glad you passed it along. Thanks!

Wendy said...

Uh, lets go back to your church heritage...are you disowning the church of christ now? Which religion would you pick?

Jamie said...

I'm not disowning the church of Christ, I just struggle with some of the theology.