Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Five

  1. Sorry about the lack of a new post last week. I'm adjusting to life in the Big City. I've lost an hour from the end of my day. This week I've been watching tennis all night, every night. So before I knew it, Friday came and went. But this week I found my routine. Sort of.

  2. My job involves driving. That hasn't changed with my move. But I've lived in small cities with little traffic for the past six years. I'm still adjusting to the traffic and how quickly I go through a tank of gas. I've filled up three times this week!

  3. I had a good Labor Day weekend. Went to WestFest with some friends. After living so close to West, eating kolaches isn't the novelty it once was. I still came home with some. And some jalapeno cornbread. Yummy. On Labor Day, I had barbecue and spent the day in the pool with some other friends. And I didn't even have to drive in for the weekend.

  4. I have no motivation to decorate my apartment. I've unpacked everything (except books; I need a bookshelf) but I haven't put anything on the walls. I want something different than I have, but I don't want to spend money. (It's not cheap to cancel a lease.) So my apartment doesn't feel like home quite yet. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. Pictures to come.

  5. I'm eating hazelnut gelato purchased from Central Market in Plano. So glad to live in DFW again!

No comments: