Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Five

  1. Even though I'm doing the same job in a new location, it's totally different. I'm traveling much more frequently, which I like, even though it doesn't come naturally to me. Today I had lunch with a complete stranger to recruit her to be a volunteer. Mildly successful. Tomorrow I'm meeting another stranger for a similar reason. I am excited about my new assignment for October. Because it is Breast Health Month, I have to schedule at least 10 meetings with different organizations (including the mayors of all my territories) to talk about the ways we can encourage breast health among their female employees. I like this assignment because instead of asking people to help me, I am telling them what I can do for them.

  2. Went to a Rangers game this week. In the rain. And they lost. But at least it was Dollar Hotdog Night. Thanks, Jenise, for the hook-up.

  3. Many, many stories lines came out of the US Open, both positive and negative. I'm still in shock that Federer lost to Del Potro. I had that gut instinct it might happen, a la Safin's defeat of Sampras, but I didn't trust my instincts. I should always trust my instincts. They have a good track record.


  4. The new season of TV is upon us! I have a slight obsession with numerous TV shows, so this is an exciting time of the year for me. And the Oscar-caliber movies start showing in theaters.

  5. Sorry my posts have been boring lately. Other than the move, not much going on.

2 comments:

Jenise said...

Glad you got to take advantage of Dollar Hotdogs. I never make it then, but at this point in the season I'm so tired of hotdogs!

Wendy said...

What the...we were at the Ranger Game in the rain too! Where were you sitting? We were at 3rd base section 18. Ethan sat for 7 innings! He loves Josh Hamilton and Ian Kinsler. He doesn't really know who they are...he just attached to those names. Weird.