- Monday was so long ago, I have no idea what happened that day. I missed both my lunch workout and my backup evening workout due to work-related activities.
- I woke up at 5:45 Tuesday morning and drove seven students to Abilene in a 15-passenger van, where we met up with students from four other universities and loaded a charter bus and headed to Austin.
- Wednesday I woke up at 6 a.m. and spent the morning helping students lobby legislators to increase grant funding at private colleges and universities and then headed back to Abilene. Wednesday evening I drove from Abilene to Lubbock with a van full of college students in the dark while it was snowing. Can't think of the last time I was so stressed.
- Thursday flew by before I knew what was happening. I was in meetings from 11:45-4:30 and then collecting money for the Children's Miracle Network until the work day was over.
- The Children's Miracle Network took over my work life this morning and I collected and counted money until I couldn't count anymore. It was all worth it when I received a call informing me that my business won the Change Bandits contest and I get to be a guest coach at a women's basketball game tomorrow. Whoo-hoo!
Yeah, that's a man in a grapefruit costume on the floor of the House chamber. And yes, that is the Speaker of the House and the representatives from Mission conducting official House business by eating grapefruit pie. Doesn't it make you feel good to know our tax dollars are funding things like this. Mr. Grapefruit also made an appearance in the Senate gallery.
My dad is passing through town tonight, and I have to pick a fancy restaurant for him to take me for dinner.