Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Five

I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore because I post so sporadically, but I'm committed to bringing back the Friday Five, so there will be at least one post a week.
  1. Diet Dr. Pepper is evil. With the exception of a few phases, I've never been much of a soda drinker. I officially decided to switch to diet a few years ago, and since that time, my consumption has drastically increased. Why? Drinking Diet Dr. Pepper feels like a free pass because it doesn't have any calories.

  2. I really want to see the movie Lars and the Real Girl staring Ryan Gosling. For those of you that didn't see his Oscar-nominated performance in Half Nelson last year, you probably know him as Noah Calhoun from The Notebook. In Lars, Ryan's character thinks that a blow-up doll is his girlfriend and his family and community go along with the charade to help him deal with his issues. Sounds like it could be horrible, but the trailer looks cute and sweet. And I've read good things about it.

  3. The Cowboys and 4-0! It's so much more enjoyable when your team is winning! And when your quarterback is an exciting and cute as Tony Romo. Oh, and watching the games on HD TV is my new favorite thing. Strangely, Fox does not offer HD in this market - even though all the other local channels do and the national broadcasts allude to Fox being in HD - so I can't watch every game in HD. Man can you tell the difference!

  4. Why do professional athletes keep disgracing their sports and our country? It's not just professional athletes, like Marion Jones, Michael Vick and Floyd Landis. Seven UT football players have been arrested since June. And I'm sure there are stories about high school athletes to add to this. It's sad.

  5. Are you watching Friday Night Lights tonight? If not, you need to TiVo it. Also, check out 30 Rock on Thursdays. Both shows are great and need bigger audiences.
Have a good weekend!

No comments: