Friday, July 21, 2006

And then there was joy...

So here I am in blog land, where I said I would never go. I probably won't be posting much in the next two weeks because I'll be in Europe, but we'll see. I do plan on posting Happy Thoughts on this blog. Maybe the pressure of letting you know what I wrote in my Happy List for the day or the week will inspire me to write more often. So here we go...

Today's Happy Thoughts
  • only working until noon on Fridays
  • finding a good audio book at the library (Rebecca Wells - Ya-Yas in Bloom)
  • a package arriving unexpectedly
  • TiVo arriving in the mail!
  • Shakespeare in the Park (Much Ado About Nothing)
  • figuring out how to work the advanced features on a digital camera
  • that you can purchase a product in New York on Thursday and it can be in West Texas on Friday by 10:30 a.m.
  • cool West Texas nights
Reading

I just finished reading "This Voice in My Heart" by Gilbert Tuhabonye, a 2001 ACU grad. I've read memoirs by Holocaust survivors, but reading about his survival from genocide was much more haunting because I know who he is and have probably talked to him.

In addition to the Ya-Ya audio book I'm taking to Europe, I'm taking "Driving Mr. Albert" by Michael Paterniti (thanks for the loan, Janie), "Island of the Sequined Love Nun" by Christopher Moore (if you haven't read Moore's "Lamb" you are missing out), and "Lost" by Gregory Maguire, the author that gave us "Wicked."

No comments: