Friday, July 28, 2006

the hills are alive....

Today we went to Salzburg. Beautiful. It was overcast and rainy. Not great for pictures, but great for walking around. I loved walking through the cobblestone streets with a slight drizzle. The group decided to skip both Mozart's birthplace and residence and the special Mozart festival to shop. Worked for me. I wandered around, took pictures, found a neat little shop to get certain people presents and just enjoyed being in Europe.

You might recognize the gates in a cementary from the movie The Sound of Music. The movie was nowhere near realistic, so it was not at all popular on this side of the world.


I decided to go to the Olympic site in Munich. I've been to the ones in Barcelona and Athens, so I guess that is what I do now. It was dusk and overcast, so I couldn't see very far from the tower, but it was still neat to be there. I hope that doesn't make me a bad tour guide for not inviting anyone. I didn't totally know what I was doing, so it was was probably better.


Our train leaves at 6:43 tomorrow morning. It is one of those that splits along the way, so I have to make sure I get on on the right car. A little stressful with a group, but that is why they pay me the big bucks. Ha! I've been looking forward to Praha the most, so I am excited about the rest of our trip. I didn't feel like going back to the hotel right away, but sitting here, I am tired. Pray for A/C in the hotel in Praha.

No comments: