Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Five

I've had a hard time deciding what to blog about today. But I can't break my streak of Friday Five posts, so here goes.

  1. If you read Rachel's blog you know I had a fun trip Fort Worth last weekend. We love our St. Patrick's Day!
  2. My friend and I are still working out during lunch on Wednesdays, and I still love it! The woman in charge of the fitness center where I work if offering a toning class during lunch on Mondays that I am going to try next week. It's only 40 minutes and on campus, so the time I take for lunch shouldn't overflow like on Wednesdays. We'll see.
  3. Does anyone else go through phases when you are extremely sloppy? For no reason whatsoever, you never get around to hanging up your laundry or unloading the dishwasher or organizing your desk or making your bed? I'm in that rut right now. My goal is to get out of it this weekend. I'm driving myself crazy.
  4. Next week I'm participating in a wellness screening. I did it two years ago and was super healthy. But I'd been very consistent with exercise and healthy eating for three months leading up to. I'm worried that when I compare my wellness screenings, I am going to be less healthy. Not a lot, but I've been in a fast food-eating rut as well. My ruts are all connected. At least I've been exercising regularly.
  5. I haven't been able to get into the last couple of books I've read. I gave up on the last one because the characters didn't draw me in. I'm forcing myself to finish the one I'm reading right now. Up next is Children of Men. I saw that movie, and can't usually go backwards, but I am going to give it a try. I actually want to finish this book so I can start Children of Men.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Great photo!

I do go through phases like you are talking about, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse. And the phases do seem to cover multiple areas of life at once. The dark and depressing month of February was not a great time for eating well, exercising, and generally being together for me. But maybe more sunshine will help this month.

Do you get to take off for spring break?

Elisa said...

No, but I'll be the only one at my office, so it will be a laid back week (next week). Enjoy your holiday when it rolls around!