Friday, December 04, 2009

Brothers

Totally didn't realize it was Friday today. That makes me sound crazy, but the inconsistency of my work schedule makes me forget what day of the week it is, especially this week since I'm working Saturday morning. All that to say, no Friday Five this week.

But with the new movie Brothers (Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tobey Maguire) coming out, I wanted to put something out there. This movie is a remake of an incredible Danish film of the same name. It's a subtle, emotional drama about the dynamics of changing relationships. I loved it so much, it sent me on a Danish-film-watching adventure. And now I own the movie. The previews for the remake don't do justice to the plot, and just promote the the showdown at the end of the movie, which was not the purpose of the original film. I have not seen the new film, so I have no comment on it, other than I want to see it. But I want you to see the original Danish film. Watch it today, with Netflix streaming!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

nope, just takes you to sign into netflix. movie sounds really good. i might have to watch this!