- Saturday is Passport Day! I have a firm belief that everyone should possess a valid passport. You never know when the opportunity to travel will present itself, and you always want to be able to GO! On Saturday, passport agencieswill be open from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., no appointment necessary. (Not all agencies are open on Saturday and usually require appointments.) Take advantage of this opportunity! If not for the opportunity to travel, then for the cost. The State Department has proposed new passport fees, and if they go into effect, new passports will cost $135 (instead of $100) and renewals will cost $110 (instead of $75.)
- I had a birthday dinner with my family last Saturday. Because I was skiing on my actual birthday, I thought I had missed out on my annual cookie cake. I may be 31 years old, but I still require a cookie cake for my birthday. For my 30th, I had two! Thanks to my Mom for remembering.
- I encourage you all the buy the new She & Him album, Volume Two. In full disclosure, I
have not listened to it yet. (I thought I downloaded it twice, but iTunes had a glitch. Imagine my disappointment two mornings in a row when I planned on listening to the new album on the way to work.) But I love, love, love Volume One. Listening to their music is like being transported to Paris in springtime. Who doesn't want that? The She of She & Him is actress Zooey Deschanel. One more reason to love her. Just go ahead and buy both albums. You won't regret it.
- In just over a week, Lent will be over and so will my fast of caffeine and carbonated drinks. Last week I was bored of drinking water. This week I'm used to it. But I am looking forward to having my first Diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic after 40+ days.
- I don't know if I have mentioned on this blog how much I love the Vulture blog from New York Magazine. For all you LOST watchers, they have an episode recap AND compile a list of their favorite LOST theories. Check it out. WARNING: They did not like this week's episode.