So after sleeping in last Saturday morning when I should have been running, I walked out of my door at 6:45 a.m. today. And I ran an hour! I haven't run consistency since May, and I was only running about 25 minutes then. I've run the last two weeks, but only for 30 minutes. It was overcast and windy when I started running, so I wasn't excited about the conditions. But then the sky cleared, and I had a colorful sunrise to run with. And I just kept running. Dawn is my favorite time of the day because everything is so still. I love being out and productive when the world is asleep.
My TiVo is hooked up! It's so cool to be able to pause live TV. Great for watching sports.
Here are some selected happy thoughts from my list:
- "Phantom of the Options" headline in the NYT
- Dallas Morning News' sports blogs
- the first day of classes
- "Traveling for any reason at all: priceless" Mastercard commercial
- Andy Roddick is back!
- playing my iPod at work without needing the battery backup
- "Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind." - Daphne du Maurier in the book Rebecca
- Organic Frosted Mini Wheats
- running down the middle of the street with your eyes closed
- "Built Tough for Texas Weather" stickers on car batteries at Batteries, Etc.