Saturday, August 26, 2006

Happiness is...

RUNNING!

So after sleeping in last Saturday morning when I should have been running, I walked out of my door at 6:45 a.m. today. And I ran an hour! I haven't run consistency since May, and I was only running about 25 minutes then. I've run the last two weeks, but only for 30 minutes. It was overcast and windy when I started running, so I wasn't excited about the conditions. But then the sky cleared, and I had a colorful sunrise to run with. And I just kept running. Dawn is my favorite time of the day because everything is so still. I love being out and productive when the world is asleep.

---------

My TiVo is hooked up! It's so cool to be able to pause live TV. Great for watching sports.

---------

Here are some selected happy thoughts from my list:
  • "Phantom of the Options" headline in the NYT
  • Dallas Morning News' sports blogs
  • the first day of classes
  • "Traveling for any reason at all: priceless" Mastercard commercial
  • Andy Roddick is back!
  • playing my iPod at work without needing the battery backup
  • "Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind." - Daphne du Maurier in the book Rebecca
  • Organic Frosted Mini Wheats
  • running down the middle of the street with your eyes closed
  • "Built Tough for Texas Weather" stickers on car batteries at Batteries, Etc.
Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I'm so impressed with your athleticism. And I love the quote and the book Rebecca. It definitely drew me in. Hope you're having a good week!