Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Five

Here are five things I am looking forward to this weekend.
  1. Three friends are visiting this weekend. It's always fun to get back together. When they lived here, we had ALIAS watching parties every week. Ah, good times.
  2. Guys and Dolls. I love musicals, and I've loved this one every since my friend Janie played Sarah in our high school production. She was so good! I have another friend playing Sarah in this production, so I'm excited.
  3. Red Raider Road Race. Tomorrow I run my first 10K race ever.
  4. T.G.I. Fridays. Anytime my friends (from item No. 1) are in town, we go to Friday's for dessert. This started when Meg and I worked with Camps and needed to de-stress at the end of the day. Luckily I'm running that 10K in the morning, so I feel OK about eating dessert. Normally it wouldn't jive with my Biggest Loser goals.
  5. Cowboys vs. Eagles. This is normally a big game because these teams are division rivals, but with T.O. leaving Philly and becoming a Cowboy, the drama is much higher. It will be T.O.'s first visit to Philly with another team. I'm not happy the Cowboys signed him, and so far, he hasn't really done anything on the field to prove his worth. So here's hoping the drama queen finally catches an impossible ball or turns a short pass into a big gain or wins the game for us in dramatic fashion. Even if we lose, it should be a good game. (I could write an entire post about how professional athletes are not held accountable for their actions as long as they produce on the field, but I won't. But that is why I'm upset with the Cowboys for signing him, for saying all his behavior is acceptable as long as he gets us to a Super Bowl. It's not a good example to set for college and high school athletes.)
------

In last night's My Name is Earl episode, I laughed so hard when Joy's husband slowly gave the deaf lawyer a quarter in exchange for the pencil he took from her hand. Something else in that episode made me laugh almost as hard, but I can't remember what it was.

I loved how Michael dealt with Dwight's betrayal in The Office. His demeanor toward Dwight after he got off the phone with Jan, starting with offering him M&Ms, was fantastic. Michael's "Hug it out, b**ch," was the best line of the night. Lines like that make me wonder how much Steve Carell is ad-libbing. The kiss between Michael and Oscar in the season premier was not in the script.

I'm glad McSteamy is a regular on Grey's Anatomy.

I cried again in last night's episode of Ugly Betty. The show is so over-the-top and absurd, but America Ferrera is so genuine and easy to root for that I hate seeing her hurt or abused. Enough for me to well up two weeks in a row. So I'm sticking around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! I made the blog; well, in reference only, but it still counts! I've been craving dessert all week, so can't wait until tomorrow night!