Sunday, October 01, 2006

Cowboys and Sewing

My Cowboys won convincingly today, 45-14, against the Tennessee Titans.

One of the Tennessee defenders knocked the helmet off a Cowboy on the ground and then stomped on his head! Almost as bad, he responded like his actions were OK. And it was in no way accidental. He was rightfully kicked out of the game. The Cowboys player he stepped on reportedly required 30 stitches!

Poor Vince Young had a rough conclusion to the Cowboys game. I wonder what the ratings for the game were in Texas? Former UT QB Vince starts for Tennessee and T.O. starts for Dallas after all the hoopla last week surrounding his "accidental overdose."

Almost as significant, I sewed a button on a pair of pants! It doesn't sound like much, but it was the first time I have done any kind of sewing. My washer and dryer keep ripping buttons off my clothes. I have a skirt that needs a button, but I think one act of sewing a day is plenty.

Off to plan my menu for the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie-
I often wonder how it was possible for my mom to sew all of our clothes (and some of her own) including intricate cross-stiching. I quit girl scouts when they made us learn to sew felt vests. I hated it and I still revolt against sewing (except the occasional button).

Anonymous said...

ps-
We are going to homecoming- I'm going to breakfast and Ricky and I will both be at the reunion dinner.