Thursday, October 12, 2006

Random Thoughts

My posts have been pretty random lately. Not much is going on, so I don't have any exciting adventures to report. But I thought I was pass along a few random thoughts.

  1. I signed up for the spinning class; I start next Tuesday. In honor of completing the 10K and knowing my body is going to rebel against a combination of running, weight training and spinning next week, I've taken the week off, exercise wise. Getting to sleep in is nice. We are halfway through the Biggest Loser Challenge at work, so this spinning class better work!
  2. I went to a United Way meeting today where someone sang The Lord's Prayer for the benediction. (I couldn't remember if that was the official word for opening or closing prayer, but I thought I would go with it anyway.)
  3. I love that Thursdays are Must-See TV nights again. It just feels like everything is right with the world when I can be a couch potato on Thursday evenings. I even start on NBC watching Earl and the Office, just like back in the day when FRIENDS was on. NBC loses me to ABC for Grey's, but the whole evening just feels right. (I know many of you are laughing at me right now, but I don't care.)
  4. I know there is a lot of complaints out there about LOST, but I love it! It's a three-part season premier, just like last season. We wouldn't like LOST as much if it addressed the Jack-Kate-Sawyer/Sayid-Sun-Jim/Locke-Desmond-Ecko-Hatch questions in one episode. You can't cover that ground adequately in one hour. I think one of the Hatch survivors has magic powers now. We'll see how that goes. You should check out Doc Jensen on ew.com. He writes a LOST conspiracy-theory column each Wednesday; it's quite entertaining.
  5. Fall Break is next week. We get Thursday and Friday off. I have no plans, other than to go home and go to the State Fair on Saturday. I'll definitely run before I go so I can have my fill of fried foods. What's the Fair without something deep friend?
  6. It's finally cold here, sort of. Something blew in Sunday, and it never got out of the 50s on Monday. Then it was in the 60s on Tuesday, in the 80s on Wednesday, and today it is in the 50s with a low tonight in the 30s. And yeah, the high on Friday is 70. Mother Nature is crazy!
  7. I'm addicted to Matt Mosley's Cowboys blog on dallasnews.com. I became an avid DMN sports blog reader during the Mav's playoff run. And now I read the Cowboys blog before, during and after each game, and I check it at least two or three times a day during the week. I'm obsessed. But it's one of the best ways to keep up with the team when you don't live somewhere with constant Cowboys coverage.
That's enough random thoughts for the day.

I look forward to seeing many of you at Homecoming!

No comments: