- the first glimpse of the Tower of Light as you're driving into Abilene
- Jacob's Ladder, sculpture by Jack Maxwell
- laughing at inappropriate times during GATA Breakfast and being glared at the MC
- being silly with friends
- Ryann getting free coffee
- training Ryann on how to manipulate boys
- singing around the GATA Fountain after Chapel
- "That could be his Indian name: Cries-at-Corn!"- Jamie
- your 5-year college reunion
- running into old friends at the Parade
- the singing at Homecoming Chapel
- singing "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" to dismiss HS Chapel (and all major ACU functions)
- Judy feeding us a home-cooked lunch on Sunday
- worship at Highland
- Mike Cope preaching
- Jack and Jill painting to illustrate Mike's sermon
- seeing the children of friends in person (blog pictures are great, but not as good as real life)
- a rainbow after a storm
- watching one of Brent's videos
- eating Joe Allen's twice in one weekend
I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it belongs to my friend Janie. Robin Williams made her laugh, and the Happy List was born. She started asking everyone we knew what made us happy, and she wrote it all down. Then she typed it up. I still have a copy of THE Happy List.
Those of you that lived in Nelson Hall might remember the communal happy list I kept on my door. Anyone could write on it. I typed everything, and near the end of our freshman year, I posted copies of the Nelson Dorm Freshman Happy List on my door for everyone to read. I remember sitting in my door and hearing people stop and read through the list until they came to something they wrote. Laughter usually followed. Ah, memories.
I didn't intend for this to be a post about the Happy List, it just kind of ended up that way.