Monday, September 18, 2006

Biggest Loser Day One

I ran this morning and just completed a Body Sculpting class at the Rec. It was obvious I hadn't done any kind of strength training in a long time. It felt good, and I'll feel it tomorrow.

One guy in my office decided to "go to the dark side" and join another department's Biggest Loser team. Today was his birthday. We bought fruit and veggies to celebrate his birthday....and one cupcake, just for him. But he didn't eat it. It sat on our conference table until I gave it away around 4:30 p.m. to the one guy in our office not participating in the challenge. Talk about discipline! Most of us in the office are also trying to give up cokes, even if we normally drink diet versions. All went well today. Now we just have to keep it up for eight weeks.

Don't worry, I'm not going to chronicle the Challenge every day.

----------

Last night (and today) I watched the pilots for the "shows that defined a generation" on the WB: Felicity, Angel, Buffy and Dawson's Creek. A fitting farewell for the WB network. I'm not sure I watched any of those shows during their initial run, at least consistently. Lack of cable might have had a role in that decision.

In a scene from Felicity, Felicity and her new friend are taking notes with bright-colored pens I used to use. Ah, memories. Buffy is a great TV show. I need to go back and watch the entire series. I don't think I've ever seen the pilot of Dawson's Creek.

Was anyone addicted to any of the above TV shows?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, girl! We have been participating in "6 Weeks of Healthy Eating" as a youth staff (we're in Week #5). It's been a great discipline and spiritual blessing for us. Are you competing for a prize? Hope all goes well for you! Good luck!

Elisa said...

Kicking the coke habit is a big deal. (I like sounding like a drug addict.) I haven't mastered that nor am I very motivated to try. But maybe your chronicle of experiences will help me at least keep it in check. I try to drink just a couple of cans a week. I like hearing about what you're up to and what progress you're making so don't hold back on my account.