Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm in mourning

Nadal's US Open run came to a close in the quarterfinals. It was tough to watch because Nadal's passion and level of play was not up to his usual standards. He still had a great year. French Open Champion, holds the all-time record for consecutive matches won on clay, Wimbledon finalist, first quarterfinal appearance in the US Open. And I still love him. Vamos Rafa!

Now I have to pick between Andy Roddick and James Blake. Roddick faces a tough quarterfinal tonight between former champion Leyton Hewitt. Gotta love James Blake for his personal story, coming back from an almost career-ending injury and losing his father. He does have to play the reigning champion and No. 1 ranked player(Federer) just to make it to the semifinals. Anything is possible in sports; that's why we love it so much!

So I'm watching the Sharapova match. Her dress isn't solid in the back; It has a slit in the middle and is connected by horizontal straps, like a prom dress. And the collar is sparkly. And her shoes are silver. If you look at my profile picture, Sharapova has a ribbon on her athletic dress just like mine. I know this is the US Open and the players, especially the ladies, enjoy the wardrobe freedom, but it's odd to see an athlete in an athletic prom dress. The commentators remarked that it was a classy choice. And it is. It's just odd. The Williams sisters really started this fashion trend. I know you are all super interested.

It's not obvious that I've been watching tennis at every opportunity is it? It's not like it's all I can talk about.

To prove I'm well rounded, I've been watching Veronica Mars S2 on DVD. And socially watched the House season premier. I may be sitting in front of the TV all night, but I'm running in the morning.

No comments: